Friday, November 24

Lazy day with turkey

I totally spaced on watching the Thanksgiving Day parade on television yesterday. Oh well. We had a wonderful day in Tucson, and I hope that you all had a good Thanksgiving, too. We ended up not taking Lisa up on her offer to babysit Sydney so we could go see a movie ... and I'll tell you why. I was feeling nice and relaxed, was having a great time hanging out with the family, and just didn't feel like going through the effort of finding the theater and going to it. I am thankful that my husband can be as lazy as I, and was also perfectly happy chilling in Tucson. We didn't leave there until 10:30 p.m., got home around midnight, and had a good night's sleep.
In a moment of "sure, dear, whatever you want to do," I agreed to accompany Brian into Macy's after our lunch at The Cheesecake Factory today. I usually am the last person that you will find wandering through a department store on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I hate being jostled and rushed when shopping, and on high shopping days such as this, I avoid those situations like the plague. However, I love my guy, and walked through Macy's. We got a good deal on a couple new pairs of pants for him, and wandered through the rest of the shops, but basically went home a bit lighter than most other people who shopped today, I'm sure. (Alison is one of those that braved the shops at 6 a.m. this morning. She's a frickin' hero, and I hope her kids love her forever for it!)

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Can't beat those Friday deals!

PC

Anonymous said...

The nicest part of the 6am jaunt (and I KNOW you would agree) is that Target's Starbucks counter was up and running, too, so coffee in hand at 6:10 am, I was on a mission...and it was worth it! But you would not catch me shopping anywhere past 10am. I know Pamela did that in Wrentham last year...I'm still exhausted thinking about her journey.