Wednesday, November 29

Finally! Some semblance of a winter!

Winter ... well, as wintery as it can be here ... has arrived in Arizona. I've put the flannel sheets on the bed. I've been donning socks before going to sleep the last couple nights. I woke up this morning still complaining about being cold (it's time for me to get my extra blanket). I should have put on a hat, and the regular sweats aren't cutting out the chill when I take Oliver out for his morning walk. (The sweats thing is just too bad for me, really, as I'll live with being chilled. I refuse to add the longjohn bottoms, as I would do for the morning walks in Boston; it's just not that cold here.) We've doubled Sydney's blankets, and even Brian put on his sweat bottoms to ward off the chill.
It's supposed to get down to 32 degrees or something as an overnight low tonight, and may only get into the 50s today. Sadly, it isn't appropriate to break out the scarves, heavy jackets and all that, but I don't feel completely ridiculous wearing a cashmere sweater today.
(And the pretty, snowy picture? Pulled it off the 'net because it seemed to fit my mood.)

No comments: