Wednesday, September 20

TV premiere week

Yeah, yeah, yeah. So it's been a few days. I've been here; where have you all been?
I remember kicking off this blog, somewhat, with my take on the new fall shows coming to television, and I'm happy to say that I'm continuing that tradition today. My first order of business tomorrow is to order DVR from Cox, because this is ridiculous. I'm afraid to say it, but there just may be too many good shows on TV right now.
It all started with Studio 60 on Monday night. It was exactly what I had hoped it would be, in that it was full of fast and snappy dialog, and the cast seemed to crackle through their lines and all that. We'll be sticking with that one; definitely.
Then, last night, Smith debuted. I'm always a big fan of the anti-hero. Like in Heat: I thought that Robert DeNiro's character was too smart for that ending, and that the whole movie was wasted on that character decision. But with Smith, we've got a group of thieves, murderers and cheaters that are intelligent, clever and unsympathetic, and that I will happily watch every week. Even the possibly bamboozled wife has a past and seems to know a whole lot more than anyone would give her credit. Yum.
Tonight, Brian wants to watch Jericho, the show about the town that seems to survive a nuclear explosion that's taken out the rest of the country, though that's just my guess on the plot. Skeet Ulrich is in it, which is usually a bit sketchy for me, but we'll see.
At any rate, the television, after a summer of silence, has again taken over our lives. And once Gilmore Girls (next Wednesday), Lost (Oct. 4), and Scrubs (tbd) return, I'll gladly become a slave to my remote again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smith..You have us all around you.