Monday, September 25

If it's baked, it should be okay, right?

I've never been a big fan of spinach. I don't like it on it's own, and tend to shy away from the spinach salads that are out there. Really, I'll only eat it if I don't know it's in something yummy I'm already eating, or if it's baked in a wonderful dish with artichoke and cheese. Yes, I speak of the amazingly fabulous spinach/artichoke dip that has become quite popular over the last several years. When home in Cali last week, I was able to get this dip at the California Pizza Kitchen, which offers a tasty example, right at the very beginning of this spinach-and-e.coli hysteria. Obviously, none of us got the disease, so that particular dip was fine.
Last night, having forgotten all about this wretched disease and vegetable ban, Brian and I stopped at Mimi's Cafe, which offers an even better dip than CPK. Imagine my disappointment when I ordered it, and the waitress told me that they're not serving the dip because of the spinach issues.
Damn it. Now this whole thing is beginning to affect the satisfaction of my cravings, and I will NOT have that! Someone, somewhere, figure this out and get the good spinach back into restaurants! Queso dip will keep me quiet for only so long!

U2 is going to play the half-time show on Monday Night Football tonight. The game will be a good one, simply because of the emotions involved in the Saints returning to New Orleans for their first home game since Hurricane Katrina, and I think any and all tributes will be very touching. I actually feel bad for Atlanta, should they win. Of course, every team wants to win, but who wants to be the team that sucks the breath out of New Orleans by beating their team in their newly restored stadium? Forget the fact that everyone in the nation who isn't a Falcons fan will be cheering for the Saints. (I know that I will be.) Best of luck to both teams!

No comments: