Friday, September 1

Art that stinks

Now, you know that I would be, by virtue of his ridiculous fanaticism, the last person to defend Tom Cruise or most anything he does. (You know that I love Katie Holmes, though she signed a deal with the devil, and the baby can't help who its parents are.) But today, I feel bad for Tom and Katie. So they haven't seen fit to allow their kid to be seen in public. That's their decision, and the world really should get a grip and leave them be.
At any rate, I think that the "sculptor" who did this piece of "artwork" on Suri Cruise's first bowel movement (the same guy who did the Britney-giving-birth-on-a-bearskin-rug statue), just needs to get a new gimmick and leave these people alone. His muse is disturbing to me. Who, really, thinks of these things? There's something wrong in this guy's head.
Also, a shout out to Arizona State's football team for kicking the s*it out of Northern Arizona University the other night. So our schedule, as of now, is rocking at 1-0. Sweet! We are Rose Bowl bound, my friends!!
Oh! We went to the ASU bookstore the other day. I've got to tell you, when did college freshmen get so young? I swear, 18 never looked so youthful to me as it did that afternoon. And here I am, an old woman who's been out of college for 10 years, looking around and marveling at what babies all these kids are. I bought a new hat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

go devils!!

-T. said...

yah. Felt a little out of place last time I was at the bookstore...thinking "did I ever look that young? I sure hope so!!"

Anonymous said...

You are forever young to me Babe.

Anonymous said...

I think the comment he's making is our strange fascination with something because of celebrity association. While I have no interest in looking at a bronzed poop, I think he's just a Dadaist doing what Dadaists do-- pointing out absurdity in our culture.

I celebrate the bronze poop. But am happy to only look on it once.

Pamela said...

Not to mention it is, thankfully, a completely inaccurate representation.

The 'working world' will do that to you.

PC