Monday, August 7

Home sweet...

Hello, my darlings!
It's been an age since I posted; I'm so sorry!!
And the scoop? Well, I'm in my apartment (siphoning off someone else's wireless), and I've got all my stuff surrounding us. The movers were here bright and early this morning, and were finished unloading the ungodly amount of furniture, boxes and crap we own at about noon. It was ridiculous hot out, and I don't envy them the job they do, especially since there were only three of them, and it was like in the 90s already. Too hot for me. Thankfully, this whole belly thing gave me the perfect excuse to sit on the rocking chair and do nothing but check off the stuff as they brought it in.
So, about the place. Well, it'll do. I won't be surprised if we end up changing locales, or even states, next summer. Never again shall we select something as important as a home straight off the internet. Not that it's too bad, but I did have a crying fit last night when we arrived. It looks much better in the light of day, and I'm sure will be a nice home once we've got everything unpacked. (So far, we've finished the master and guest room closets; and I've made the bed. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it is.) Quitting time for me today: 6 p.m.
So Matthew, the move driver, called us at 8:45 yesterday morning to let us know that he would be here between 8 and 9 a.m. this morning. Of course, we were cozy and happy in Sierra Vista, and took our time about leaving there, so didn't stroll into this place until 10:30 p.m. or so last night. It was a rough drive, since B was in his car, and I was in mine, and freakishly, it was the longest time we'd been apart in two weeks. (The drive was only three hours, but with the crazy thunder and rain storm, felt a lot longer.) So at any rate, we're here, and have our work cut out for us over the next few days.
Oliver, I think, has realized that this is home, and has been catching up on his sleep all afternoon. He's enjoying the return of his doggy door, too. Free and unfettered access to the balcony? Brilliant!!
Oh yeah, and it's f**king hot here.

1 comment:

-T. said...

Awww...hunny - your right, its hot here (the Monsoons have returned) but it feels worse (I am sure) because you are carrying around a bundle of joy...it'll feel like a cool spring breeze next summer when its just you in that body =)