Tuesday, August 1

Greetings from the Grand Canyon state

Well! HELLO from Arizona!!
We have made it to Brian's parents' home, and with only seven days, and about 3,400 miles put on the car! Who knows how much we've spent on shady motels and expensive gasoline, but we certainly made it! And boy, are my legs tired.
The last bits of drive from El Paso to Sierra Vista was a hop and skip compared to yesterday, so I won't even go into that. Suffice it to say that even the torrential rains and flooding we drove through heading out of town this morning did nothing to slow us down, knowing that a big bed, homemade dinner and six days minus the vehicle were waiting for us. At any rate, it's all done now, and in a few days, we'll finally cap off this drive by investing the final three hours to make it up to Scottsdale.
Things we saw today include: some guys in a red Mustang getting pulled over because the drug dog signaled their car as we drove through an inspection station; random rain storms that successfully washed all the big bugs off the car; and, in a "we must be getting close to the West Coast" moment, a convenience store that carried Lipton tea, unsweetened with nothing in it. Ah, the joys of home!!
So, enjoy the fact that I'll have regular access to my e-mail and blogging over the next few days, my dears, because I certainly will!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wecome to the west coast and to AZ.
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound.
Enjoy your six days before the final lap.

-T. said...

Welcome HOME!! Drop me a note when you get here! Can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it--I waved at you when you went through Houston--could you tell? xo--amy

Nicole said...

Glad you made it!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you safely arrived. See your empty cube everytime when I walked by your cube, kind of sad, but happy for you at the same time!

Pamela said...

Congrats on being in AZ! I can't wait to hear about the new digs.

PC