Sunday, August 20

Chocolate, dudes. Just chocolate.

Is it wrong that I would have looked at this two-inch tall mound of chocolate drippings and thought, "Cool. Leftovers from the chocolate vat; right here where no one knows it drips;" and then I would have eaten it, and kept the little dripping place to myself so that every two or three days I could go to it and have a little secret snack?
Even in the off chance that I too thought it looked like the Virgin Mary, I would have eaten it, perhaps after taking a picture of it with my phone and blogging about it. (Actually, it looks more like one of those fake owls that people put up on the corners of their houses to scare away the pigeons.) However, I certainly would not have shown everyone in the building, put the photo up on every news wire site, and claimed that my chocolate workplace was the newest portal to religious bliss.
Do these people really think that, if there is a religious deity controlling the world out there, that it would choose to manifest itself in chocolate drippings? Or in water stains in a freeway underpass, or on a piece of toast, or in the random swipings of a window washer?
I would hope that such a deity would be a bit grander in its pronouncement of existence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looked like a bird cleaning it's feathers to me!

Anonymous said...

Can I have ice cream with that please!

Anonymous said...

the eagle has landed......

Anonymous said...

Ok, kimmie, that place is right next to our Costco!! geez... looks like a bird to me...