Monday, June 12

That's, like, a big house full of stuff

Check you all out, being nice and patient while I completely blew off my blog for four days. Actually, I was in Maine on Thursday and Friday for an editorial meeting for work; and then, well, I was too tired and feeling too uncreative to write anything all weekend. My inability to create plagues me even now, so all you'll get this morning is a general description of my weekend.
We got some housekeeping errands done on Saturday, including a visit to the Petco (Oliver's new high-fiber, low-fat diet for the lipemia); yummy lunch; and visited the grocery store. I boxed up some stuff that afternoon in the bedroom. Actually, I've boxed up everything in the bedroom except the clothes -- picture frames, random things I like to call "sittin' outs," and the books in my bookcase. That night, we ended up watching Unleashed, with Jet Li and Morgan Freeman, on HBO. Not great, but not bad, either.
Yesterday, I got us caught up on our finances; printed out our first moving estimate (I'll get to that in a second); and piled up some more stuff for Goodwill. So, the first moving estimate: Let me preface this by telling you that two companies refused to even book estimates with me because they calculated that my move would be less than 3,000 pounds. This estimate cites a 5,200-lb. (WHAT!!!) move in a peak week during a peak season. Seriously, that comes out as a "non-binding" estimate of $6,900. Knock me over with a feather!! What the hell!?! Those numbers are so far out of whack, it's crazy. Our next estimate is scheduled for Thursday, and here's hoping that this one will be a lot more reasonable.

Here's Mom's floral arrangement from her most-recent class. It's a topiary made of lilies. It's quite pretty, yes? I think it's my very favorite ever.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

$7000? That is crazy! And how did you double the lbs. in two years?

Maybe, a truck rental and mid-month road trip is in sight for Brian? Duht.

PC