Tuesday, June 13

Devil went to the bakery

I just made the craziest deal with myself. And it was a real mental process, this deal, which kinda makes the whole thing funnier. So, here it is, about 3 p.m., i.e., snack time. I start to dig through my desk: cinnamon graham crackers, Ritz peanut butter cracker sandwiches, and a Chip's Ahoy 100-calorie pack won't do at all. Maybe a candy bar? In the second drawer is the spare change container, but in reaching for it, I notice the raisins.
Angel on my shoulder: "Raisins would be better for you than chocolate."
Devil on opposite shoulder: "Yeah, but a 3 Musketeers would hit the spot right now."
Angel: "Seriously, go with the raisins."
Devil: "They won't fill me up, and then I'll be hungry when I get home."
Angel: "There are good snacks at home, too. String cheese, yogurt, apples."
Devil: "Cupcakes, too. Don't forget that there are three cupcakes still."
Angel: "Fine. Eat the raisins now, and you can have a cupcake when you get home."
Devil: "Cool. Raisins it is."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you - love the devil - love the laugh - love the thought process - how was the cupcake?

Kimmie G said...

It was most excellent; all chocolatey and piled with frosting! Thank you for asking!!