Thursday, May 11

Countdown to graduation weekend

So this morning, I was able to make a list of all the things that I have not yet done in preparation for this weekend. In fact, it dawned on me that I haven't even figured out lunch for Sunday yet. The one meal that I'm really responsible for, and I haven't gotten anywhere with it. Actually, I do have an idea ... but I'll have to float it past Brian and see if he agrees first. But if he does, lunch will have gotten a ton easier.
We went to the school's graduation dinner last night. Had it been about 90 minutes shorter, it would have been perfect. But after two hours, we'd only gotten so far as the salad, which was listed as number two on the agenda. The dinner itself was decent, or as decent as banquet food can be, and the company was entertaining, as usual. The speeches got to be a bit much, and the award presentation lasted about an hour, during which almost every faculty member got up to present an award or two. Fifty awards later, I was sick of hearing a couple of the over-achievers' names, and ready to be done. Then followed the photo retrospective, where all the students sent in pictures of themselves and their classmates throughout their time at school, which were organized via PowerPoint and put to music for the ceremony. It was great actually, during the first couple songs. Um, five or six songs later, it had gotten ridiculous. I think they were afraid to leave any of the images out, and held on to everything. Seriously, I think it was 45 minutes long.
But don't let my attitude toward last night make you think I'm not excited about this. I know, for a fact, that I will be a crying mess on Sunday, simply because I'm so proud of Brian, and his friends, and I know how much they have accomplished throughout the four years, and how hard they have all worked. I know that they're all so excited and ready to move on into the next phase of their lives, and I know that they all will be successful at whatever they choose to do. I know that, and it makes me happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K-
Are you dry yet? Did everyone stick it out in the lovely weather?

PC