Monday, February 27

Tropical vacations

I've only got a few minutes before 24 starts, but I wanted to get something up here for today. That way, as I'm trying to dig my way out of three days of missed work tomorrow, I won't feel too guilty about neglecting the blog until the afternoon.
So we are back in Boston, and I've got to tell you, it is FRICKIN' cold here! It was like 15 degrees or something when the plane landed this afternoon, and with the wind chill, it was 6 or so. It's just getting colder as the evening wears on, so we're comfortably bundled into our little house with the heater going, staying warm. For some perspective: it's colder here than it is more than a mile high in altitude in the Rocky Mountains. Tomorrow will be all about warming the car for 10 minutes before driving to work (more so since it's sat in the cold for five days); and realizing that it's back to the grind. Brian had his reality check last night when he got to thinking about school so much that he couldn't sleep, and I had mine this afternoon when I remembered that I had to go to work tomorrow.
But the big decision this weekend hinges on the future of vacations for the rest of our lives. No more winter activity vacations. We, from now on, travel only to tropical places where Brian can play golf and I can sit by the beach. Putting on and taking off all that ski/snowboard gear, carrying it back and forth, being cold, and waiting in lift lines has killed the joy of the ski vacation. Brian's proposal: we only golf and beach for vacation. I have to tell you, if it's that kind of choice, I'm totally in agreement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe..You got smart.

When you live in heat you go to cold for vacation and when you live in cold you go to heat for vacation.

-T. said...

Ha! I LOVE skiing..but when I think of taking precious time off...even thought I live in the heat (smile) I STILL want to beach it - and be near WATER..warm water! PS - after my last ski trip I swore never to ski in really cold weather again - its the toasty lodge for me next time if it gets really cold again (-40 windchill)!

Anonymous said...

don't forget the spa! Sun and Spa and THAT is the way to vacation anytime of the year!