Wednesday, February 22

Toga! Toga!

Such a day today! Not a super whole lot went on, but it kept me busy enough that I wasn't able to blog at all; and that kind of action is simply unacceptable. Our cubicles at work were moved, so I spent a good portion of my day putting all my decor back up on new walls; reading and posting articles; attending meetings; and lunching with my peeps for Sarah's going away.
Tomorrow we head off to Steamboat. I'll try to get some stuff up here while we're there, as there's a business center in the condo complex.
But just in case you have to go a day or two without me, I'll give you a treat and post up a photo of the stage set for the upcoming Academy Awards show, airing March 5. I'm getting pretty excited for the show, and look forward to seeing how this ridiculously garish and wedding-cake-topper of a stage looks on live television. Can't you just see a cool Jack Nicholson, elegant Charlize Theron, super serious Joaquin Phoenix walking across it, or, even better, the musical act for "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" rocking out in this setting? About the only person who would fit in here is Reese Witherspoon, who's so cute and bubbly that she may just be the champagne along with this cake. .... .... Hmmmm. Actually, it's looking kinda Greek too, the more I study it. Perhaps the entire Oscar night will be some kind of toga party. Can we expect to see Otter, Flounder, Bluto and Boone in the background, or a pantless Donald Sutherland?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your flight went well... miss you here, it very lonely over at Exile Island!

So glad I will be here for the post Oscars, water cooler wrap-up (yes, toga pun intended).

Happy snow!

P