Wednesday, February 8

Six-item lunch special

ITEM!: This is the kind of Vanity Fair attention-getting that I'm looking for. A while ago, I wrote about Vanity Fair's cover model, Lindsay Lohan, and how I felt the magazine was turning into a gossip rag for showcasing more "celebutante" than "celebrity." The magazine's Oscar issue is always a good one, with clever, beautifully photographed, star-studded cover art. This year's issue is no exception to that rule, featuring a nude Keira Knightley and Scarlett Johansson posing with Tom Ford, that month's guest artistic director. For the first time in a couple months, I'm excited to get my issue of the magazine.
ITEM!: Have you seen the ads for the new Kissables candy available from Hershey? They're little Hershey kisses covered in a candy shell in the shape of a little kiss. They're tiny, and super cute, yes? Alice shared some with me the other day, and I'll give you my opinion: Aside from them being a blatant rip-off of the M&M in a new shape, they were yummy, and a new fun candy to dig in to. I recommend.
ITEM!: The Grammy Awards are on tonight, and I'm conflicted as to whether I want to watch or not. Pros: U2, of course; Madonna; unscripted hijinks; watching Mariah Carey lose; something to write about in tomorrow's blog. Cons: Jamie Foxx singing ... again; watching Mariah perform; Bruce Springsteen; everyone thanking God for their talent and award recognition; having to regurgitate it in tomorrow's blog. Good points on both sides. We'll see where the evening takes us, I guess.
ITEM!: I admit to being sucked into Grey's Anatomy, thanks to all the ads for the show during the Super Bowl. I'll be on board Sunday for the second half of the "Code Black" episode. I'm not sure if I hope it will be just as good so I enjoy the show, or worse so I don't have to add another television show to my already jam-packed evening schedule, but I'll keep you posted.
ITEM!: Brian and I aren't sure yet how much time we're willing to devote to the Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy. We watched, with interest, the commercials during our hour of Scrubs last night, and discussed the toll such a commitment may take on our already bustling lifestyle. While there was no absolute resolution, we did have kind comments about Apolo Anton Ohno from the last Olympics; recognition of the female snowboarding competitor from the documentary we saw months ago; and a "how are snowboarding and luge real sports" conversation. I suppose that's encouragement enough for our inevitable burst of patriotism next week.
ITEM!: John Corbett, actor from Sex and the City, My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Northern Exposure, has released a country album. As of now, he says he'll stick with music as his day job, but hasn't ruled out acting again, especially if the project is right. That's good news, because really, I can't wait for a sequel to Raising Helen.

3 comments:

Paul said...

I saw an interesting post for Grey's Anatomy at thedarksideofthesun.blogspot.com. I'm also looking forward to the Winter Olympics. Check out my tribute post to the games on my Freaks of Nature blog.

You have a nice blog!

Anonymous said...

You know you want to see Mariah perform just so we can see what she is going to wear or not going to wear! Then we can rip on her tomorrow and see her get blasted in next week's US Weekly.

Anonymous said...

Love Scarlett, will have to get the mag and take a peek.