Friday, February 24

24. Two enchiladas, taco

I got all kinds of sunburn on my face tonight. It's all about that crazy feeling of the skin being a bit too tight, feeling a bit too warm, and knowing that, even away from a mirror, it's a bit too red. But, even in light of that, we had a great day up on the mountain today. Brian, Howie and I tore it up at Steamboat, "cruising" as Howie likes to say, but having fun in anyone's vernacular. Really, it was a short day of skiing, since we didn't get all our stuff rented and up on the mountain until close to 10, and we were hungry and done about 1. I know, I know, that's a super short day, and a seeming waste of an all-day lift ticket -- but Howie got either ran into, brushed or startled by a snowboarder, and he fell down, thus effectively ending his good day; Brian's pained knee started acting up; and I was hungry. So we did lunch, came back to the condo to change, and then wandered around shopping in the resort area. I'm on the hunt for a sweatshirt that says, "Steamboat" across it (Sarah will appreciate that), and some sweatpants to wear back and forth to the gym.
Tonight for dinner, we feasted on yummy Mexican food. Mom and Howie ate until they were full, but me and B, the two who can't have good Mexican food whenever we want, ate until it was all gone, and we were full to bursting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunburn..So you glow in the dark now.

Enchiladas and taco..Building up padding I would suspect.

Howie...Watch your butt.

Brian...I know what a bad knee feels like.

Anonymous said...

Mom..Enchiladas builds padding.