Thursday, January 5

Too... much... going.... on....

What a Thursday morning! Just getting through my first couple Web sites, I've found so much going on this morning! I can't stand it!!
a.) Brian and I stayed up until 12:30 a.m. this morning watching USC lose to Texas in the Rose Bowl. I'm crazy tired, and disappointed that now ASU won't get any piece of any Rose Bowl winnings. However, the commentators did mention ASU enough last night to make me think that perhaps the ass-kicking USC gave us this season was more hard-fought for them then we thought it was.
b.) I love Vanity Fair. It's an in-depth, non-fluff, interesting and well-researched magazine that keeps me glued to the sofa for a few hours every month. I tend to read it cover to cover, but every once in a while will skip an article or two. But from what I read yesterday, I fear for the February issue. Seriously, my lovely magazine is going to the tabloids. Check it out: Lindsay Lohan on the cover of the February issue. Even better, Lohan in a bikini of sorts. I cancelled my People and US Weekly subscriptions for this very reason: I can't stand celebutantes and gossip magnets on the cover of my magazines. Paris Hilton a few months ago was bad enough, but this is it. I won't cancel my subscription, but I will rip off the cover, pull out the article, and send it back to them.
c.) Jon Stewart, one of my TV boyfriends and host of The Daily Show, has agreed to host the Oscars this year. In a word: Wahoo! I'm hoping he'll be given a good amount of freedom, and allowed to shine as he, and his writing staff, does every night on Comedy Central. As if I'm not excited enough about my favorite awards show, now it'll be even better!!
d.) A Baptist pastor in Oklahoma City, who has spoken out against homosexuality (calling it a "sinful, destructive lifestyle"), was arrested for propositioning a male undercover officer outside a hotel. He was charged with offering to engage in an act of lewdness. I love hypocrisy in action!
e.) The Screen Actors Guild nominees were announced this morning, and include Heath Ledger for Brokeback Mountain and Russell Crowe for Cinderella Man; Don Cheadle and Matt Dillon for Crash; Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon for Walk the Line; Charlize Theron for North Country; Michelle Williams for Brokeback Mountain; and the casts of Arrested Development, My Name is Earl, and Lost.

No comments: