Monday, January 30

A tale of two presidents

I spend so much time writing about my favorite train-wreck couple that I feel as though I'm neglecting other Dawson's Creek alumni. Not so, as of this post. To the left there, you'll see one of the best pictures of Michelle Williams (who played Jen on the show) and her boyfriend/maybe fiance, Heath Ledger, taken since they got together. Williams and Ledger reportedly met on the set of Brokeback Mountain, fell in love in one of those classic coworkers-falling-for-each-other storylines, and have a newborn baby, Matilda (a possible name for the G. Baby, too). They both have been nominated several times for their roles in the movie, and I like to think, in a soft and fuzzy way, that their love story is the reason why they did so well in the film. (Yikes! Romantic notions enough?)
Both of today's pictures were taken before the Screen Actors Guild awards last night. I didn't watch the show (shame on me), but did read up this morning.
Apparently, this photo op of Geena Davis and Martin Sheen, who both play the president in different shows (Commander-in-Chief and The West Wing, respectively), was a hot commodity and impromptu happening. Now, I haven't watched The West Wing much since they kicked Aaron Sorkin out of the head writer's seat, but I will confess to a pang when I think about it going off the air at the end of this season. It was a really good show in its day, and B and I both loved it. I have heard a lot of good things about Commander-in-Chief, and was super enamored of Geena Davis' Golden Globe speech, so I think I might have to check out the female president side of the spectrum. I don't even know what night and time the show is on. I'll have to look into that.

2 comments:

-T. said...

Even this bra burner can't get behind Geena Davis as President...her character just never hesitates or second guesses herself..its as if the writers are out to prove that she is super confident. C'mon all HUMANS hesitate or second guess SOMETIMES.

Anonymous said...

Just how tall is Martin anyway or how tall is Geena?

Woman President..just a test run for the big H-C.