Wednesday, January 18

"Sweet sixteen" (times two, plus one)

So today's this year's big day! Yep, the big, fat, and anticipated 33rd birthday!
You'll notice that I'm calling it something else a bit more mathematical, but at the end of the day, it's still 33. I'm finding this age, as a multiple of 11, a bit weird. No idea why. I wonder how the rest of the year will shake out with this duplicate-digit age bracket.
As for birthday joy, I've had an abundance! Three, count them, three serenades of the birthday song; five birthday cards; one birthday party; three e-birthday cards; five birthday e-mails; two birthday calls; three birthday hugs; and one birthday present. Sweet! As much as I bitch about getting older, I really do enjoy my birthday. You all know that I love the attention, but I really am such a silly little girl when people do stuff for me on my birthday. I dig it.
Nick asked me what celebrities I share my birthday with, and, even though I've played that game before, I couldn't remember. Anyway, I checked it out online again: Muhammad Ali, Kevin Costner, Cary Grant, Oliver Hardy (Oliver!), and A.A. Milne, the brilliant mind behind Winnie the Pooh.
As for the weekend, I'm off to California tomorrow to be spoiled by my mom for a few days. I'll be blogging from there, so you can keep up with me throughout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot a birthday lunch at a "fancy" restaurant with an indoor waterfall....


oooo-aaaahhh.

P