Friday, January 20

Stitched up

I had an appointment with the dermatologist today. It wasn't much of anything--I thought--just a funky mole that had gotten funkier, that I wanted to have looked at by a professional. Aesthetician Diane gave me a hard time about it before the appointment, saying that it would probably have to get frozen off--with nitrogen--and that the process hurt so bad I'd cry and whine like a baby. Now, I really can deal with pain pretty well. I've done the bellybutton ring--sober--and don't fret needles, so I kinda laughed off Diane's antics and readied myself for a relatively painfree visit. Well, check out the stitches to the left there! Turns out, the doctor wasn't too impressed with the mole at all, and thought, "Well, let's carve that thing out!" (She was much more medically professional, using all kinds of doctorly words, and I dug her.) Three shots of don't-feel-nothing, and a half-inch long divot cut out of my stomach, and we've got four stitches, and what should end up as a cute, pink scar. I've never had stitches before, and I've got to tell you, they kinda freak me out. I was not expecting to have a "procedure" this morning. All in all, the doc will check out the biopsy, and in about 10 days, I'll know what the deal is. Oh yeah, and p.s., there's another mole on my back that she doesn't like, and she'll be wanting to dig that one out the next time I'm in town.
While the stitches were the big story of the day, having lunch with Daddy was the highlight of my day. We had yummy Chuy's, and sat outside, where the temperature hovered around 64 degrees (in January?! Crazy!!). I ate my whole Burrito Ranchero, Daddy liked his sandwich, and we must have gone through three baskets of chips. I think, even at 5 p.m., I was still full from my lunch.
And for all you "how can you live without the seasons" doubters out there, check out the view from Chuy's patio...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a good time Babe,1st in a long time.
DLY !

-T. said...

That pic of the two of you is darling!