Monday, January 9

Sam can do the tango

* When I moved out to Massachusetts, I had to leave my bougainvillea behind in California with my mom. These plants, while they flourish in California and in the desert of Arizona, would not be able to survive the New England winter (so I assumed), and I had no idea where I'd be able to put him anyway. Yes, the plant is a "him." And his name is Sam. Every time I visit Mom at home, I spend a couple minutes out in the backyard with Sam, reinforcing that he'll be living with us again soon, and that yes, of course he's still my favorite outdoor plant. Mom does her part by e-mailing me pictures of Sam in all the seasons so I can see his progress. Clearly, by the growth going on over there, all the rain this year agreed with him.
* Brian and I watched Mad Hot Ballroom last night. It's a documentary on 11-year-old kids in New York who participate in a school-funded ballroom dancing class, and eventually compete in a citywide dancing competition. We neglected viewing the movie for a couple days, but finally settled in to watching it last night after football. And I have to tell you, we both thoroughly enjoyed it! Such a heart-warming, uplifting story! And a couple of those kids are just too cute! Sadly, even though we were both inspired, Brian still would not consent to take such lessons with me.

No comments: