Wednesday, January 11

Brad and Angelina pregnant

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have confirmed to People magazine that they are expecting a baby together. I know, I know -- you all probably figure that I'll go on some kind of Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes rant on this one. But really ... nope, I'm not going to. I'll go on the record as saying that I like the Jennifer Aniston, but I prefer Jolie, as apparently, does Pitt. (Did you see the excellent Mr. and Mrs. Smith? Their chemistry was crackling!)
I don't get too caught up in the gossip behind the whole "split," and if Aniston believes that Pitt never cheated on her, that's good enough for me, since she can probably spot his lie better than US Weekly or The National Enquirer. The point here is, if someone is unhappy in a marriage, especially if there's no children involved, there's really no reason to continue the relationship. I think most people would agree with that (as has Aniston, in published reports), even though a lot do believe Jolie to be a "home wrecker." (I don't, by the way.)
At any rate, when it went down a few weeks ago that Pitt was adopting Jolie's two children, I didn't sweat it too much, since they obviously had come to some major life decision together. No one takes that kind of responsibility lightly. And for them, that's all good. They're not getting married in the near future? So what. Need I remind that Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell still have not gotten married? So many non-married couples last longer than married ones anyway, that sometimes, the event and ceremony are unnecessary.
I'm sure that the whole "pregnancy watch" that the tabloids engage in with every reproducing starlette will go into a full-court frenzy, and no, I won't be above checking out the news and the pics whenever they hit the web. In fact, I'm super intrigued already.
But my goodness ... Just look at them, and silently marvel at the fact that this mixing of DNA may result in the most beautiful human ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder what Brads stud fee was.

With all the kids she wants he will be on the bottom of a very large totem pole!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness.....when will it end? - I am so very tired of having to hear about who is pregnant, who is dating whom, what the "ex" is feeling...UGH!