Saturday, January 14

Bad Quiznos, bad

Most of you know how much I love the perfectly constructed sandwich. Quiznos has usually given me a pretty good starting place for the (re)construction, and their menu is a well-varied delight to the sandwich lover. Recently, the restaurant chain started serving another of my favorite menu items, soup served in a bread bowl.
Brian and I visited the Quiznos near our place this afternoon, in hopes of feasting on the yummy sandwich and soup/bread bowl. Jeez, were we sorely disappointed. Here's the letter I just zipped off to that particular Quiznos store and the company's franchise operations:

Saturday, Jan. 14, 2006; 12:30 p.m.
My husband and I just had a very disappointing experience at this particular Quiznos today. We went in for lunch, and were excited about enjoying some good food, and came home with a compromised lunch on several fronts.
First off, the man working the beginning of the line was rude to my husband when he ordered a steak sandwich and was not able to specify what kind of steak, as the menu didn't state the steak options. The employee's response: "What kind of steak. You know we've got all kinds of steak. You tell me."
I asked to try the new bread bowl, only to be told in a disrespectful manner, "They're gone. What do you want now?"
While constructing our sandwiches, the employee greeted his friend in line behind me, and went on to tell him in a loud voice that, "I don't like working Saturdays. They made me come in, man, I don't want to be here." That, in a nutshell, is bad customer service for all the people in line to get their food.
Now perhaps, if we got home and the sandwiches were good, a bit of this employee's awful behavior could be excused, but our fears for his sandwich preparation were confirmed when we found that he put twice as much sauce and condiments on the sandwiches as normal, and they were soggy with sopping bread that had to be tossed out.
This is not the first time we've been unsatisfied with a visit to this Quiznos, but ever the optimisits, we like to think that maybe it was just a weird phase, or problem, and that this time, the meal and service may be better. Imagine my chagrin when I realized that our optimism was dashed by a surly employee and two gross sandwiches.
We'll not be visiting this shop again, and will be sure to dissuade our friends, family and coworkers from visiting it, too.

So, here it is, my peeps. Don't visit the Quiznos on Park Drive in Boston.
They suck it big time there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree !

I went once only because I had a coupon.
Have not been back because of the bad sandwitch.

Anonymous said...

What could make it worse????

If FEDEX was delivering your QUIZNOS sandwich!

P