Saturday, December 10

Tree day

Frustration, thy name is "not realizing that there aren't enough lights for the whole Christmas tree until two-thirds of it is done and it's too late to give up the parking spot to venture out to Target." So, duh. Not enough lights to finish the tree, so all the ornaments and everything will have to wait until tomorrow, too. Damn. I hate that the tree is sitting out there, only half dressed, and that I have to deal with finishing it tomorrow. I mean, the tree decorating was supposed to be today's activity! Now what? I had an unproductive day (sort of), and I had hoped to do so much more!
Anyway, we have a cute, six-foot tree that looks comfy, cozy in our living room corner. It's a bit thicker and more robust than Charlie Brown's tree, and we're able to put more decorations on it than he and Linus can on theirs, but it's still smaller than the last couple years' trees. (Smaller also because we were lacking our tree-helping elves, Jon and Emily, who didn't fly in from their new home in Houston to help us. *sigh*)
So this gives me a hell of a list for Sunday, including: Target to order Christmas cards, buy paper goods because we're suddenly all out of the stuff, and more tree lights; Providence for some lunch and Christmas shopping; and then back home to finish the tree decorating, address my card envelopes, do laundry and other housewifery duties. My docket is full, Brian has to go along for the ride, and ideally, tomorrow night I'll feel so much more accomplished than I do tonight!

No comments: