Tuesday, December 27

Random Tuesday-ness

It's the first day back to work after the long holiday weekend, and I have to tell you, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around doing anything productive. So here's a couple things floating around me, and the world, that seem fit to comment on:
* Dunkin Donuts makes a better hot chocolate than Starbucks.
* I always hated that my mom made me write thank-you notes to people. "Kimberly, have you done your thank-yous yet?" was a popular question in my house after birthdays and graduations. Of course, even complaining about the task, I always did them. Now, as a grown-up, I appreciate why the thank-you note was/is important. Seriously, I can name to you every person in the last five years to whom I have sent a wedding/baby/graduation/etc. gift, and not received a thank-you note. Is it because writing the thank-you was so important to my mom that receiving one has become so important to me? Perhaps, but I think a lot of it is just common courtesy. The task has become so ingrained that I spent last night writing out my thank-yous for the Christmas presents Brian and I received, so as to be sure that everyone gets them in a short amount of time.
* Biggest news of the day: Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has gone on record as saying that she'll start writing the final H.P. book next month! Wahoo! She says that she is both excited about, and dreading, writing the book, which I understand, as I am excited about, but also dreading, reading it. If you think about it, once this book is done, and at the printer, and finally on my bookshelf, it's kind of the end of an era. No more H.P. books to anticipate? It'll be nice to know how it ends, but yikes, waiting for the next Harry Potter has been such a part of my life over the last six or seven years!
* Brian bought me one of those iPod speaker systems for my desk at work, and I have to say, it's awesome. It's all set up and I've been rocking the "shuffle" setting all day so far. Besides the new Pod (Thanks, Mom!!), this is the best gift of the year!

No comments: