Thursday, December 29

Move not, tire not

By the time I got home last night, I had no energy or motivation to walk or take the T over to the theater, so we didn't go to the movies. I get out of work early tomorrow, so I'm hoping to feel better about going in the afternoon, but we'll see. Really, I've gotten super comfortable with being super lazy lately, and I don't think that's an entirely good, or bad, thing. So I've been sedentary, like a statue, or perhaps more like a moving display, and I'm not guilty over it. I'm not!
I heard on the news last night that there was a Christmas tree fire in the lobby of the Grand Californian hotel at Disneyland yesterday early morning. They showed some video of the huge tree, more kindling then, in the hotel's lobby. Mom and I like to stay at that hotel when we visit the Happiest Place on Earth, so I was saddened to see the beautiful lobby in such a state. (The lobby is pictured to the left ... without a charred tree.) Of course, after our last visit there and our disappointment with the entire Disney experience over those two days, I told Mom that it almost seems as though this incident should have happened when we were there. It would have been the perfect cherry on top.
Also, because I've become iTunes anally retentive, I spent a good portion of the last day downloading album art off the internet for my iPod. Come to find out that if you don't download the songs or album off iTunes, there is no way to get the album art onto the Pod, unless you've got it saved to your computer and you can attach it to the file from there. This huge project has already been started, and I'm dysfunctionally excited about downloading all the art off my e-mail and into my iTunes. Those who know me so well can appreciate how much fun I'll have doing this!

No comments: