Friday, December 2

A funny thing happened...

So I hesitate to start this story like this, but the weirdest thing happened to me in the shower last night. A preface: Oliver doesn't like the bathroom door closed, so if it's the slightest bit ajar, he'll push his way in. If either of us are in the shower, he'll get up on his back legs, rest his chest and front legs along the tub, and peer at us around the shower curtain. Really, it's pretty cute. Yes, we splash him sometimes, but it's failed to discourage this behavior.
Last night, as I'm in there soaping, Ollie comes in the bathroom and hops up along the tub. In my conversing with him (you know, "What ya doing, you little pervert?" kind of stuff), I drop the soap. My first thought whenever this happens is to think of the sage advice given to every movie character going into prison, "Don't drop the soap." Anyway, it slips out my hands and the corner of this fresh bar of Lever 2000 bounces on the top of my foot and skitters along the tub floor. Um, ouch. I didn't really think too much of it until a couple minutes go by and my foot's still hurting. I mean, this is pretty random. By the time I'm out of the shower, my foot is starting to swell (no kidding!). I sheepishly tell Brian about the hurting foot, and show him the swelling, and am told in no uncertain terms that I'm a wimp made of glass. But seriously, my foot hurts.
Today, if you can believe it, there's a damn bruise on the top of my foot where ths soap hit it! This could go down as the most random bruise ever! Really! And the shoes that tie along the top of the foot aren't helping me at all either. I don't know how well you'll be able to see in either of the pictures, but there is a bruise there. Amy can verify, as I took my shoe and sock off to show her this afternoon while sharing the story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least the bruise will match your nail polish(Yuk).

Wimp!!

Anonymous said...

HeHe! You won't drop the soap again will you.

Anonymous said...

just gotta love the blue polish and those beautiful toes!

Anonymous said...

BLEK- you took your shoe off at work (unless you guys have that lovely green swirly worm pattern on your home carpet, too)?

P