Thursday, December 15

Expensive chew toy

It's not very often that Ollie does anything bad, or anything that could even be considered wrong. So when a misstep does come along, and he's at fault for being less-than perfect, B and I really just take it with a shrug of the shoulders, and don't sweat it all that much. Rarely does he even get any discipline for it, as most times it's because...well, he's still a dog, and it's probably somewhat our fault anyway.
I dumped out my gym bag last night on the bed, ended up getting sidetracked for a few hours by dinner, a movie and some Internet Christmas shopping, but then finally made my way back to the chore I had started, and resumed sorting through the bag and getting it ready for the next trip to the gym. That's when I saw it, one of my iPod earpieces broken in two. Characteristically, the first thing I thought was that Brian must have landed on it while playing around with Ollie, and that it was crushed into death. But upon mine and Brian's further examination, yes, we found teeth marks on both earpieces.
"Hmmm," we thought, "teeth marks can mean only one thing: the Beast had enjoyed a very expensive chew toy." We really could only look at him and laugh about it, as it was such a random thing for him to dig in to. But this morning, having stopped at the Apple web site and learned that replacement pieces will cost me $40, the tale is still funny, but a bit pricier than it was last night!

6 comments:

Kell said...

You can find headsets on e-bay - for a lot less. Good luck. Don't forget to feed the dog!

Katy said...

Hello: Just wanted to tell you I enjoy reading your blog. I came upon it randomly and now visit it sometimes to see what's going on. It's so nice to find one with good, honest, funny writing.

Anonymous said...

My Petey did that only with a pair of glasses.Found them on the grass in the back yard with the plastic earpieces chewed off.
Was more mad at myself for leaving them where he could get them.

pocketless 8th grader said...

not quite the same thing but...

Puppy + Roomba = call to ChemDry

We have a little dog so the volume of poop was not large. But give a Roomba 2 hours to spread it around and a little goes a long way.

We should have known, we already knew the Roomba scared the sh*t out of our dog.


/we have white carpet

Anonymous said...

I think Oliver was just commenting on how uncomfortable those iPod ear buds are.

Anonymous said...

eeeuuuu - romba and the dog....
perhaps Oliver was giving his opinion on the Madonna CD, or any other of the downloads....