Saturday, December 24

The Eve

So, here it is, Christmas Eve. Kids are starting to go a little crazy; parents are getting no sleep tonight; NORAD has begun to ready its Santa tracking. (Check it out at http://www.northpole.com/NoradSanta.asp.) As for Brian, Oliver and I, we've done our errands for the day, and are all ready for our night of waiting for Santa to visit. I think I'll crack open the window for him to get in, since our fireplaces are both closed up by the building's management.
We stopped at the pet shop and picked up some goodies for Ollie to unwrap tomorrow, too, so he'll also have some fun. I wrapped the Christmas treats to eat in tissue paper and put them at the bottom of his gift bag of new toys, so we're hoping for some fun entertainment in watching him dig through to get to them.
Brian's mixed some more chocolate chip cookie dough to bake later; I've got my fudge in the fridge cooling; our house smells like a deliciously festive mix of chocolate and Christmas tree; and all is happy for our little holiday! Yay!

Since I knew we were heading over to the pet shop today, and that part of our holiday preparation would focus on Ollie, I dedicated today's Christmas sock to the all-mighty puppy. See? He's wearing a Santa hat, and even has a present sitting next to him! (Of course, my Christmas puppy is currently sleeping on the floor next to me, all tired and napping because he got to go with us in the car today.)

No comments: