Thursday, December 8

Dentist appointment

It's a hard life sometimes, being the wife of a dental student. It means that, at least a couple times, said wife is asked to come in for a procedure to be graded on by the instructors. I know, I know. You all think, "I would never let my spouse freedom in my mouth with a moving instrument." Only a couple years ago, I would have been standing in front of the group saying that exact thing.
This evening, I had my second appointment with my dentist/hubby for a routine cleaning. This trip was more comfortable than the first, and I've got to tell you that, as a dentist, my husband has a gentle touch, and seems to be good at what he's doing. My frame of reference is a bit skewed though, as I've never had a cavity or any work done in my mouth. (My regular dentist in California told me that I would be the worst kind of dental student wife, because my teeth had nothing wrong with them.)
So B did the cleaning, polishing and a bit of scraping; I got a lecture on the importance of flossing more often; we got through the grading process with only one quizzing question and flying colors; and it's official: I make him more nervous than any other patient simply because he has to go home with me if he accidentally jabs me in the gums or something.

2 comments:

pocketless 8th grader said...

"I would never let my spouse freedom in my mouth with a moving instrument."

My condolences to Brian.

Kimmie G said...

"Instrument," in this case (because it is indeed about a dental appointment), is meant to imply an electronic, spinning drill.
Mind in the gutter, my friend?
BTW, Brian doesn't need your condolences! :)