Thursday, December 8

Celebrities who bug

(We had a spirited meeting this morning, so forgive me if I'm a bit spikey today.)
I admit to being an entertainment addict. I love the television, movies, music, books and theater -- and keeping up with all those pursuits is a full-time hobby. Today's news is from the world of music.
The Grammy nominations were announced this morning, and Mariah Carey came away with eight nods. For the record: Mariah Carey bugs me. She always has. Is it the hair, tan and teeth? The penchant for wearing the same dress style, and striking the same pose, for most every photo op? The absolute driving necessity to bare as much skin as possible, whether the occasion and weather calls for it or not? Hmm. Really, her clothing choices are tacky; she's as full of herself as Jennifer Lopez (and that's saying something); she tries to be hardcore, but after dueting with Boyz II Men that's really not possible; and she fancies herself some kind of butterfly/Bond hotty who floats above other mere mortals. And her music is bad. Ask me when this opinion developed, and I'll tell you that I don't remember exactly, just that I've harbored it for years, and that it's not likely to abate. I just know that when I see her picture, or hear her voice, I physically cringe, and move as fast as possible to remove the offending image or noise from my vicinity. (I only post her photo for your reference, not at all because I want to.)
But most everyone has a celebrity or two that bugs them, and for no real reason ... just because. Mom is bugged by Nicole Kidman and Jim Carrey. Pamela is bugged by Paris Hilton. Alison revealed once that she's bugged by Renee Zellwegger. Amy doesn't like Brad Pitt.
Other Grammy nominations went to the best band in the world, U2 (who racked up five); Gwen Stefani for her album Love. Angel. Music. Baby.; Paul McCartney; and Green Day. Of course, if U2 is going to play the award show (Feb. 8), I'll be watching for them. But if they're not on the bill, I'll sit this one out. Must stay away from Mariah... must stay away from Mariah...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are all on a ego trip!I hate award shows....ego trip!

Like some movies & songs they do though.

My main BUG is Barbra Streisand !

eeeeeerrrr!