Tuesday, December 20

Buffalo turd

I made a chocolate cake last night for our Christmas party today. I added some chocolate chips into the mix, and it's got a good amount of chocolate frosting on it. I strategically placed some candy canes on the top of it, too, to make it a bit more festive. Since after I made the cake, I actually took it out of the pan and frosted it around the sides and on top, I was pretty proud of myself. It's a good looking cake, I think.
My husband however, in his most nurturing, sweet and loving way, said it looks like a buffalo turd. Great. I mean, I love the chocolate cake, and anything that's big and brown like this does tend to resemble something you'd more likely see in a pasture than on a dessert table, but really, to just throw it out there, when I'm all proud of it? You know what that means, right? He gets none. No leftovers brought home to Brian tonight! Hah!!

Also, here's today's Christmas sock. It's one of an older pair, but much loved for about four years or so. Notice the lights and the silver strings between them. The strings, I'll have you know, sparkle. A work of art.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so very festive you are - and talented too! I am sure you got those decorating and dressing abilities from your ever so talented Mother!

Anonymous said...

The candy cane represents a shepherds hook witch I did not know.
Give Brian a chance and I bet he would dive into that turd.

Anonymous said...

When I see you - remind me to tell you about a cake your mother made.

Playboy would be proud !!

Anonymous said...

That turd was tasty!

He is just jealous he missed such a wonderful party.

P