Wednesday, December 14

Bad gift idea

On the radio this morning, because it's getting to be that time of year, I heard an ad for a Christmas gift that the announcer swore, "the woman in your life will love you for." The product was a gift certificate to a laser hair removal boutique. *huh?*
As much as I believe that lingerie is a gift a man gives himself, I also believe that if a woman knows she has a moustache and/or crazy out-of-control pubic or leg hair, and she wants to take care of it, she will. Really, it's not so much up to the man in her life to give her the gift of laser hair removal, and that goes especially for any situation in which she hasn't said anything about it.
If she says, specifically, "Darling, my pubic hair is too wild and bushy, and I hate shaving and grooming it, so I must have a gift certificate to have it removed by a laser for Christmas," then, by all means, the man should go ahead and buy it. But unless she spells it out in such a way, a physical improvement (if it is indeed something that she thinks needs to be improved on) gift such as that will do little more than throw her into a self-esteem spiral about what else her man may think is wrong with her.
Really, I was just thinking about the girls who might be on the receiving end of this gift, after their well-meaning men believed the obvious lie on the radio, and felt kind of bad for them. So if I can help in any small way, I will do it. Sisters looking out for each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woman overreaction !!

Webster-Woman= Feminine Nature !