Tuesday, November 15

Two cents

Can you hear it? It's a country-wide indrawn breath of indignation, anger and disbelief over the news that first-class postage is increasing in price...by $.02 per letter. Right now, scores of little old ladies are scrambling into their crochetted shawls, hauling out their containers of pennies, and heading down to their local post office so they can buy the required 2-cent stamps that they'll need until they finish with the $.37 stamps they've already got. There, they will swap stories about the "good old days," when sending a letter cost only a nickel (and those Pony Express young men who were so dashing), and how people today don't understand the value of a dollar, and how, well, if they listened to their grandkids, they'd have a computer and the ability to send a letter without a stamp.
The increase goes into effect January 8, 2006.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051115/ap_on_go_ot/postal_rates

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get two pennies for my thought!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I must rethink my love of card sending and adherence to paper bill paying.

I just bought my Christmas stamps and thought since they are not going up, why not toss another book into that pile. *must keep up with blog*

Gas, stamps, movie tickets.... I am not that old and I remember when these things were all 100% cheaper!

P