Wednesday, November 9

The red tree

Mom and I were talking on the phone as I drove home from work Monday, and I had to share with her something I have discovered that I will truly miss when/if we leave Massachusetts: the changing colors of Autumn. For three years, I've really kind of been dazzled by the beauty, but known that "it'll be there next year," too. This fall, with Brian's graduation around the corner, it's more of a uncertainty as to whether I'll experience it all again.

Here's a couple pictures of a tree that I've discovered recently. It is a beautiful low-lying (but still about six feet tall) tree/bush that changes into the most dramatic red I've ever seen out here. (It actually looks a bit pink in the bottom picture, but trust me, it's very red.) This one is about a week past its prime, and the leaves are starting to look a bit worn, but the color is still as vibrant. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAAHHHHHHH!

You would miss the foliage way too much!