Thursday, November 10

Fourteen years

Today, if you can believe it, is the 14-year anniversary of Brian and I, being "Brian and I." Time goes by so quickly, and it's really kind of frightening (in a good way). I mean, who would have thought, when we met the summer of '91, that in the fall of '05, we'd still be together, and married, and trying to have a baby. Realize that if I had gotten pregnant when we'd first met, the baby would be as old as my nephew now, 13, and would be going in to high school next summer. Um, yikes! It's pretty crazy when I think about it that way.
What's even better, I think, then us still being together, is that we still genuinely like each other, and enjoy spending time together. Today, as much as 14 years ago, he can still make me laugh, and I am still excited to talk on the phone to him, or hang out and go to a movie, or just sit on the sofa and watch TV. We're still just as we started out: good friends.
As with all relationships, we've gone through the ups and the downs, and I'm proud to say that we've weathered them well. Meeting at 18, going through college, the long-distance years, the living together years, and finally, the married years in Boston, has been a hard-fought campaign, and we, as comrades in-arms, have emerged victorious. I'm proud of our history, and look forward to several more years together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you both too - I wish you many more years or laughter and hopefully, finally, of prosperity - you have earned it!!

Anonymous said...

I second that !!!!