Monday, November 28

A couple different things

Mom and Howie took off this morning; their flight departed Logan at 7:30. Such a wonderful weekend, and I have my family to thank for it. It was a treat to spend time with Auntie Donna, Jess and Alex, and it's always a good time for me to hang with Mom and Howie. Brian was a dream husband the whole four days, and Oliver, of course, was a rock star. I'm completely and totally exhausted, and am excited to head home for more sleep tonight. Brian and I enjoyed the peace and quiet last night, that's for sure, and our first big night together tonight will be dinner at home (leftovers from last night) and football: good stuff.

While I was up and out of bed on time this morning, I did not stop at my commute-friendly Starbucks. I drank way too much peppermint mocha over the weekend, although my stomach would argue that, as it's feeling a bit neglected right now. And as if to tease me, there's an article about Starbucks in the news today. Well, not really about Starbucks, but about this guy, Winter, who is questing to visit every Starbucks in the world. Here's his Web site, http://www.starbuckseverywhere.net/. His favorite Boston-area Starbucks is the Tremont St. store in the South End (B's fave, too); and his record is visiting 29 stores in one day. I don't think even Auntie D. could do justice to that much coffee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm how does he pay for all that coffee? Starbucks ain't cheap!

I wonder what I would do if I didn't need a job or have responsibilities (kids/Randy)...

Travel the world going to every Target? Take up residence outside each new IKEA? Get in line now for the ALIAS movie?

Move to Hawai'i and pick pineapples for a living!!!

Yep

P

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a advertising thing to me.
He must get the coffee for free.

Wonder if he sleeps at night.