Friday, November 4

Autumn's goodness

You know that great feeling of realizing that something that only comes around once a year, has returned? Like Santa, or fall foliage, or spring flowers. Well, it's that time of year, when two of my most favorite autumnal guilty pleasures are again available for my enjoyment.
Guilty pleasure #1: Starbucks' peppermint mocha. -- Yes, it's a $4 drink. Yes, it's also got a ridiculous amount of bad fat-ness in it. But the seemless melding of the crisp peppermint with the sweet mocha and the soothing calm of the coffee make this just about the best confection available in the store.
Guilty pleasure #2: The Cheescake Factory's pumpkin cheesecake. -- This light, frothy slice of heaven is only on the menu from the middle of October through the end of December, so it's imperative to eat as much as possible during those two months. I'm a big fan of taking a slice home and making it last a couple days, only indulging in two (or three) bites at a time.
My idea of heaven in November? Feasting on cheesecake while sipping my mocha. Yum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you go back for the cheesecake yet?

Did you order it before the meal this time?

I think it should make an appearance at our next work "block party" or whatever excuse we come up with for afternoon sugar.

P

Anonymous said...

Me too P ! I would like to know where mine is too!

Anonymous said...

bet I can eat more than you!!! and I will pass on the mocha thing -