Wednesday, October 5

U2

U2 is the best band in the world. That is the straight-up truth. They are amazing. Amazing via CD, video, iPod, and yes, in person. IN PERSON AND ON STAGE IN FRONT OF US!!!
Sarah and I saw U2 last night at the Garden, and it was the most incredible show!! Really, the whole night was incredibly fun, complete with some dinner and drink, walking over to the venue, stopping in a couple other places, and just making merry in warming up for the concert.
Once we got there, surprisingly, the security was minimal, and we found our seats relatively easily (it gets that way when you stop and ask everyone in a blazer every 25 feet along the way). The opening band was Keane, which we were intrigued to see. I knew about three of their songs, and while the arena was pretty empty during their set, they did a good job of entertaining those of us who were there already.
THEN IT WAS TIME FOR U2!! It never fails to surprise me how very much in love with this band I am, until I see them on stage. (This is my third U2 concert.)
Here's the scoop: Bono is a god. The Edge is a master. Adam and Larry are fantastic.
Once again, they brought me to my feet for more than two hours of singing, dancing and divine inspiration. Vertigo, City of Blinding Lights, Beautiful Day, Elevation, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Crumbs from Your Table, Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own, and Stuck in a Moment. And those are only the songs I remember off the top of my head. After the second encore, when we knew that they were really leaving the stage, I wanted to cry. I'm still pouting that Bono didn't drag us up on stage. I love them.
Today, my throat is killing me it's so sore. ("LOOK OVER HERE!!") I'm a little bit hungover, but still dragged my ass in to work. ("Sure, we'll have another round.") The ears are still faintly ringing. (That's just a sacrifice to the concert gods.) But even with all that, I'm still floating on pillowy clouds of Irish rock.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always the last drink that does it!

Anonymous said...

Good thinking putting the photo on the web! It will be much easier for Bono & The Edge to track us down now. I know they are really disappointed they couldn't catch up with us after the show.

Anonymous said...

Now if you could just figure a way to expense it.

Kidding, just kidding. Don't try this at home, kids.

P

-T. said...

Its not the beer that makes them awesome...despite the message that the photo sends to the uninitiated..Kimmy..really, please try and set a good example for future U2 fans..=)~