Monday, October 17

Road trips

I love a good road trip. My favorites of course, were the two cross-country jaunts in the summer of 2002, and a certain shorter trip down to Palm Springs with the divas. (Let's add here the two-hour, each way, trip to the Krispy Kreme shop in Connecticut a couple years ago.)
To me, when one hits the road, with naught but a map, a vague idea of destination, a decent radio station or CD collection, and gas money, life simply can not be better.
Today was such a day. Mom, Carolyn and I road-tripped to the Ben & Jerry's factory in Vermont. It's no short drive, clocking in at about three hours each way. And to hear us talk about it, the entire trip was about two things: the factory tour and the ice cream cozy. Both objectives were met ... and boy, am I tired.
I don't sweat doing the driving, as that's the fun of a road trip, but I am really tired tonight. Do you remember, back in the day, when you couldn't understand how Mom or Dad could get tired by just driving? I mean, really, they're just sitting there, right? Jeez. Now, I know. If I closed my eyes right now, I'd fall, head first, into this keyboard, and I'd have "dfghjk" engraved on my forehead all day tomorrow.
Anyway, we had a fabtabulous time checking out the fall foliage, lunching in Montpelier, and tasting some cold deliciousness after the tour (Cherry Garcia and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough were the two samples given out today).
So tomorrow, it's back to work for me, and regularly written postings for you, but right now, I'm grabbing my doggy and going to bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember how I stayed awake while driving.I had a little KG in the back seat wanting me to sing "Found a Peanut" over and over.
DDY

Anonymous said...

and a good time was had by all.....especially when the cheetos got backwashed into the communal coke!

Anonymous said...

Very good! I forgot about that 1

Kimmie G said...

Okay, you two! Like a little bit of Cheeto in your drink would have killed either of you! It adds a little something, I always thought. Don't be ganging up on me like this!! :)