Saturday, October 29

Prognosis: recovering

I see it, yes, it's there. The white light at the end of the illness tunnel. I'm feeling a bit better today, as Brian and I ventured out into the world, had lunch, did some random shopping at REI, and watched the snow come down. (Yes, snow. It officially snowed today, the first snow of the season, on the 29th of October. This means, of course, that I lost the bet with Brian, who said it would snow in October. I said November. Like the frickin weather system couldn't wait another two days! Damn!) At any rate, I'm feeling less like death today.
I did stay home sick from work yesterday though. Oliver and I had a good day, shifting from the sofa's right cushion to the left cushion, ensuring that no one side would get a permanent imprint of my butt. I was, however, eager to use the time to watch the television that I'd missed all week, having gone to bed early each night. Morning agenda: Gilmore Girls, Invasion, Alias.
Afternoon agenda? VH1's entire I Love the 80s: 3D series.
I love these anthology shows, and VH1 does a stellar job on them. Of course, there is no better entertainment for me, as a sick person, than 10 hours (!!!) of funny, creative and spot-on mockery and satire of my favorite decade. Perfect. Brian watched the last three hours with me. (I think he was secretly impressed, and fell in love with me a little more, having learned that I did sit through the whole 10 hours.) One detraction from the day though, is that I was unable to find any 3D glasses in my house. So I really must have missed something in the translation, don't you think? I do not believe I'll be sitting still for that marathon again though.
Tomorrow, I think I'll be able to brave Target for some last-minute Halloween stuff for our Halloween party at work on Monday. It'll be on sale, right? Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you wore your collar up, teased up the bangs and followed it with a Pac-Man-athon.

Glad you are better!

P