Wednesday, October 19

Instant messaging

Here's the deal. The company, a week or so ago, sent out an e-mail about downloading some security program to computers with instant messaging programs, to prevent any unauthorized, "non-business," instant messaging, and to ensure that no classified information was being transmitted outside of these hallowed walls. Little do they know that all my chatting is to Daddy, Brian, Mom every once in a while, JJ, and Pamela on Fridays.
Anyway, the security program went into effect last Friday. We were told that anyone not "registered" with this program would not be available to chat with. Nick, who works down the aisle from me, started the download, but then stopped it halfway through. He, consequently, is not able to chat on line anymore.
But for me, who ignored the e-mail all together? Boy, were they wrong! Somehow, I've beaten the system, and I'm able to chat just fine with all my peeps! (I tested it extensively yesterday.) So, any of you others want to catch me on MSN Messenger? The door is always open, my friends. Damn the Man!!

No comments: