Tuesday, September 27

Responsible choices

Every once in a while, I make a decision that, on the outset, is right, but that, moments later, I can't believe I made. You know that commercial where the woman's walking down the sidewalk, and her 10-year-old self blocks her path and starts berating her for driving a minivan?
My 20-year-old self mocked me for making a responsible choice this morning.
I'm driving to work, singing along with my new, favorite radio station. I'm about five minutes ahead of the normal morning commute. The dilemma presents itself: the gas tank is below the 1/4 marker, closer actually to "E," but the light's not on. I'm also thirsty for an iced mocha.
What to do? Take the time to fill up the tank so it's not on fumes for my drive home and on the way back to work tomorrow (I only get gas in the morning), or say "screw it" to the gas, take a chance, and stop for some cool, refreshing beverage?
A serious discussion of the pros and cons ensues.
I choose to get gas for the car.
Today, I disappoint my inner rebel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And your arse thanks you for saving it from the Latte!

Seriously, sometimes you just gotta love your thirtysomething self and give a razz to the 20 yr old. Because you know the rebel ain't gonna walk to the gas station when you run outta gas.

P