Friday, September 23

Nappy hair

Why is it, that when your significant other decides to comment on your appearance that day, he/she may choose to do it 15 miles away from home, in a Starbucks, when there is little to nothing you can do about? I mean, I know that the hair was a little surprising today. My bangs were kinda messed, so they had to be pulled back into a barrette. The rest was a bit on the frizzy side, since it got a little humid last night with the windows open. But to wait until we're standing in line at said Starbucks to tell me that my 'do looked "nappy?" That's just not cool! I've been obsessing all day! Every time I go into the bathroom I tell myself that it's not "nappy" today, it's just misbehaving. If I had that information before leaving home, I'd have flattened the coiffure into submission. Here's a tip, people: When you've got something to say about your hubby/wife and their appearance, speak up! Don't wait until you're outside and the light is better!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its a mars and venus thing...

Anonymous said...

Get over it! Not worth it!

Anonymous said...

Hm. (see comment about picture) maybe you can respond to questionable spousal comments with - "yah, well, when I picked you, you matched the pants"

Kimmie G said...

Add to that, the fact that he "matched the pants" in 1991, and he should really be more careful!