Tuesday, September 20

Monday's premieres

It's that time of year again... When the leaves begin to turn, kids are back in school, sweaters return to the front of the closet, and yes, television shows start off their new seasons. Some of these crackling new shows smell as good as a fresh packet of pencils. (I love TV. Simple as that. It's one of the best inventions ever, that somehow, keeps paying off year after year.)
In a surprise turn of events, Fox was the station of choice last night.
Monday night's critique:
Arrested Development was brilliant, as usual.
A new treat for the senses though, is Kitchen Confidential. The show itself featured crisp, smart writing; enough grown-up stuff to keep me interested; a terrific cast (including Alias alumni Bradley Cooper and Buffy's Xander, Nicholas Brendan); and the potential to be just as good, or even better, as the season moves on. I'm looking forward to next week.
One of the best things about a new show though, is finding someone else who enjoyed it. Thanks, P., for continuing to have similar taste in television as I!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimmie-dee,

You can always count on our TV sets being tuned to the same cool shows. Well except this summer when I somehow got sucked into the vortex that is reality TV. I am jumping to watch the finales of Big Brother and more importantly Rockstar INXS (by the way it turns out they dismissed all the women afterall) tonight. GO MARTY!

We have about 25 more hours until we find out what was under that damb hatch!!

abbybelle

Anonymous said...

I've been hearing about that damn hatch for so damn long that I might even have to jump off the Red Sox for one hour...but, oh, wait, that leaves martha out in the cold all together...What were the tv execs thinking? Maybe I'll just stay true and watch survivor reruns....or The Brady Bunch...or Leave it to Beaver. I sleep so peacefully after watching Ward, June, Wally and the beav...lumpy rutherford, too. The Beav it is...