Friday, September 16

Chick moment

So, I'm singing, "La, la, la, la, la, I'll go to work today....," as I throw all my bags in the car this morning, jump in and buckle my seat belt. After fidgeting around, and being sure I'm comfy, I feel something on my arm, probably just a cobweb, or string, or something, right? Take a quick peek, and "YIKES!" Big bug! On my arm!! Really! It was about an inch long, with all kinds of centipede legs, and it's just chilling there! In my chickness, I, of course, shrieked, and flicked the damn thing off my arm, but then it fell into the car (maybe) and--disappeared! I leapt out of the vehicle, did a couple jumps up and down to be sure it wasn't still on me, and then went on the hunt. Carefully. Um, 15 minutes later, still no bug.
The drive to work was not comfortable. Every odd feeling, be it my hair against my neck, or just a random breeze from the vent, sent chills down my spine, and me into girly fits. Ick. And the thing's probably still in the car, setting up housekeeping.

No comments: